Some quick facts:
- During the first three years of a child's life, the brain develops 700 neural connections per second
- 60% of an infant's energy intake is used for brain growth
- By age 2, the brain stricture has the overall appearance of an adult brain
- Infants spend twice as much time in REM sleep than adults
- That fastest rate of brain development in a human life happens during infancy
As Canadians, Albertans and Calgarians we have long been a caring people with a history of philanthropy second to none. We simply do not turn a blind eye to those in need and this is where Neighbourlink's Infant Care Under two Program (ICU2) comes into play. The ICU2 program vision is to advance infant health, specifically brain development, in the children of Calgary and all Alberta through education, nutrition and sleep supports. A program based on science and need, delivered by professionals and carried out through collaboration and care, Neighbourlink’s ICU2 Program is important, relevant and needed. For a brief but detailed look at the program, its research and development, collaborative efforts and goals, simply CLICK HERE. It is a program that deserves everyone's attention.